serves approx 12-15
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix (prepared per package directions) + 1 extra egg
- *cocoa powder for dusting the pan
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 2 9x13 sized pans with butter and dust with cocoa powder, set aside.
- Prepare cake according to package directions, but add in an extra egg to the mix.
- Split the batter evenly between the 2 pans and bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool completely.
- In stand mixer beat butter and Fluff together until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in powdered sugar. Turning mixer back up, continue mixing for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Spread the filling on top of one of the cakes. Top the filling with the other cake.
- In small saucepan bring the heavy cream to almost a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then pour over top of cake.
you could also bake this in 2 9x9 round pans