TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
MAKES: 12 servings
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
1/3 cup equals 284 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
- Place peanuts in a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, water, butter, hot sauce and chili powder. Pour over peanuts. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, stirring once.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.