Perfect for a summer BBQ, these Hawaiian style chicken burgers are spicy and delicious. The fresh grilled pineapple, melted cheese and chipotle mayo give them the perfect finishing touch. A tasty and healthier alternative to standard, traditional grilled burgers.
- 1lb ground chicken (white meat, breast)
- 8 slices reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 Sandwich Thins
- 8 pineapple rings (in their own juice if you are using canned)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Vegenaise or reduced fat mayo
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground chipotle seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine ground chicken, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, pepper, and smoked paprika by hand in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties, place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, Greek yogurt and chipotle seasoning. Mix well, and set aside.
- Heat up grill to medium heat. Place chicken patties directly on the grates and cook to desired level of doneness…about 4-5 minutes per side. Top each burger with a slice of cheese for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt. Grill sandwich thins, if desired. Place cooked burgers on a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Grill pineapples grates over medium heat. Carefully turn after 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble burger with 1 chicken patty and cheese, 1 pineapple ring and equal portions of red onions and chipotle mayo.
Each serving = 6 Points + WW
Recipe by: http://www.laaloosh.com